Stations Checked In: 14
Net Closed: 9:03 PM (8:30 PM Start)
The net today saw 14 stations checking in, including 4 new stations, on this "more technically challenging than usual" edition of the net. The NCS (N8RMA) was having hotspot issues and had to swap to his HT during the preamble - always a good way to kick off the net! The crew over in Ann Arbor discovered that local 9 was on the same timeslot as 3126, and may have been causing a conflict both in and out of the talkgroup. These are all good things to discover and to work around - it's why we're here and why we do these informal nets. Great job to everyone for keeping their head on a swivel and making a successful net.
Tonight we also pushed the net to 8:30 PM, in the hopes of bringing more stations to the net, mainly those from the GM net and from the Michigan ARES D-Star net. While we did have some additional new stations check in (which is fantastic) the count was within the margins for previous weeks. The net will also be held next week at 8:30 PM, so we'll have a clearer picture then. If you have a preference, drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know.
- Big thanks to Randy N8YUI for taking the net last week
- Just a reminder - the net next week will also be at 8:30 PM.
- For the first and second weeks in May the net will be on Monday at 8:30 PM.
- The third and fourth weeks in May the net will be on Tuesday at 7:00 PM.
- Indiana Statewide DMR net is tomorrow at 8 PM
- Ohio Statewide DMR net on Wednesday at 8:30 PM
- Dayton is next week so get your pocketbooks and second mortgages ready
- Check out the calendar on the MichiganONE DMR Net site for more information
- Special thanks to Ed W8EMV for posting about the net on his blog - LINK
- Be sure to check out the Michigan Digital Ham Radio Users group on Facebook - there is lots of good news and info posted there.